Sequent Energy Management’s Risk Control organization includes the following functional groups – Market Risk Control, Credit, Contract Administration and Operational Risk Control. The Risk organization oversees risk management objectives for the Company which includes:
- Identifying, measuring, analyzing, monitoring, controlling and reporting risks associated with all transactions from the centralized risk system
- Remaining in full compliance with all policy, regulatory and legal requirements associated with day-to-day business
- Establishing a corporate culture exemplifying best practices in risk management
- Assisting management in understanding the risk exposures inherent in the Company’s portfolio
- Standardizing processes and increasing automation to extract inefficiencies and reduce errors
The Risk Control team works in partnership with the CRO group providing independent oversight of all commercial activities. The Risk team provides primary control over all trading by ensuring that transactions are recorded properly, tracking and processing transactions, updating market data, revaluing the trading portfolio, generating confirmations, monitoring limits established by policy and providing daily management reporting.