- Home >
Sequent Energy Management and its parent company, Southern Company, fully support and encourage both individual and corporate efforts to give back to the communities where we live and serve. Writing a check is nice, but giving time and effort reflect the spirit of the gift, not just the end result.
We are proud to be a partner in the communities we serve. We show our dedication and corporate citizenship through grants, community outreach programs and other corporate charitable giving programs.
We realize that we cannot support every worthy cause in all our communities and make a meaningful impact. Therefore, we concentrate on several areas of giving:
Focus Areas of Philanthropy
To make the most meaningful impact in our communities, Southern Company Gas focuses on five distinct areas of giving:
- Energy Assistance – We support programs which primarily help low-income households and low-income senior citizens afford their natural gas energy consumption. These programs include weatherization projects and emergency energy assistance.
- Education – With an emphasis in reading, math and science, this support includes public secondary schools (K - 12) as well as public and private colleges and universities.
- Environmental Stewardship – We support projects designed to improve the environment such as clean air, conservation and green space.
- Community Enrichment – We direct our support to energy assistance programs; low- income, senior citizen programs; minority and women leadership programs; limited arts and culture events; and the United Way.
- Organizational and Supplier Diversity – We support organizations that reflect the diversity of our workplace and the many communities we serve, and we partner with organizations that provide developmental opportunities and assistance to minority and women-owned businesses.